Thursday, April 9, 2009

Some Scrappy Goodness

I am so excited to finally be able to share this! When Angelia contacted me and asked if I would be willing to contribute to her first book I said "YES" right away! I adore her work and I think she is a very talented and wonderfully sweet lady! I was so thrilled and honored to have my work alongside hers.
I have five layouts in her book - some of my favorites! If you see this book grab it - it is so full of scrappy eye candy, you won't be disappointed!

Here is the cover:


and this one (the Binky story) is one of my layouts:


I was also lucky enough to be asked to contribute to her next book, "Kick it up" coming out very soon! Will post that one when it comes out too!


Now on to some Cocoa Daisy layouts for April! A very fun kit, great colors and lots of fun embellishments!

I thought it would be fun to share how I find inspiration and a little bit of how my scrappy mind works, so for these first two layouts I took a picture of the magazine ads that inspired the layouts.

For this one I simply took the large photo and and replaced it with a large piece of patterned paper and two photos, keeping the title placement and verbage in the same spot - very easy!





This one I also kept really similar to the ad. I Just replaced two of the columns with patterned paper and ran the title across the whole page in 3 words. Again nice and simple :)





And here are the rest of them -the ideas for these were just a result of my scrappy mind :)










Thanks for stopping by - and have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Sophia said...

Hi there, do you have a 12inch printer, that your journaling is always so neatly centered etc...???

Karen said...

Beautiful work as always....congrats on being in the book! So cool!

Anonymous said...

You are so awesome!!! TAnd give us the greatest inspiration

AnnaB said...

Wow, how fun with the book..! Congrats...!!! And I love your april layouts...!