Thursday, October 2, 2008

October Cocoa Daisy

My favorite color is green, and I was so thrilled to see the various shades of it in the latest kit from Cocoa Daisy. I was also thrilled with the versatility that this kit gave me, I was able to do a little boy layout, a wedding layout, an all about me layout and even some Halloween goodies (which you will see in the Cocoa Daisy Newsletter later this month) with the simple color scheme in this kit!

The idea for this layout came from a pillow - you never know when inspiration will strike!
Journaling (which was inspired by my Ali word for the year "grow") reads:
Grow -
to be able to grow in some place or situation; to have an increasing influence; to spring up and develop maturity
Grow without confines and preconceived notions, to grow in all aspects of my life. No specific goals for growth, just to focus on the idea of growing in and of itself.


This is the first wedding layout I have done and we have been married for 10 years LOL!! The cream papers behind the butterflies are from my own stash.


Just a pretty anniversary card made with the left over butterflies from the above layout and the stamp that was included in the kit.


The colors from this kit could not have fit this photo any better!
Journaling reads:
Even though it was chilly out, I could not resist taking you out to splash in the puddles with your new Froggy Boots!
Zach - May 14, 2008


I had so many cute pictures left of Zach in his froggy boots that I used the adorable little green album from the kit to make a simple mini album.








Hope you all have a great Friday!

2 comments:

Ady said...

Wow, I'm so impressed with your work. I saw the kit and thought "what can I possibly create with this". I totally thought it was too plain but no more. TFS...

Anonymous said...

love what you created with the Oct Kit Christine, and I agree that green is just divine :)