Tuesday, June 3, 2008

June Cocoa Daisy projects

This months kit was a bit of a challenge for me, I loved the designs on the papers, but I have a hard time with pastels. So what I did was try and pair them with touches of black and it worked out great! The 7 gypsies rub-ons looked nice and crisp against the subtle colors of the papers. I also used colored cardstock on the "grin" layout - something I rarely do, but it was fun to try and I am happy with the result. For the "be true" layout I knew I wanted to use a white background and punched squares of the various patterned paper but I got stuck on the design, so I used a little trick (shhh don't tell anyone) I went back through my layouts and found "faded red", one of my favorites and scraplifted myself! The next time you are stuck or a layout just doesn't seem to look right, take a minute to go through some of your old layouts and see what jumps out at you - sometimes the best inspiration for you is "you"!! If you have any questions just leave me a comment :-)








5 comments:

Beth Ann said...

I love your layouts and can't wait to receive my June kit and your project kit as well. Hope you're having a great week!
Beth D

Greta said...

Pastels or any other colors...doesn't matter - you do amazing things. I absolutely love that first layout!

Vanessa, Florida, USA said...

Beautiful layouts!!! I can't wait to get my kit :-)

CACTUSmango said...

Hi Christine, I followed your link from your recent Hybrid LO on the Cocoa Daisy forum/gallery. Thank you for such a beautiful Hybrid page. It's gorgeous by the way! And i really love how you scraplifted yourself!

Ady said...

I love all your layouts. They are truly my favs of all the ones posted. Way to go...