Tuesday, January 8, 2008

creativity

Oh yes, creativity, she is a fickle little miss! I was talking to my friend Amber yesterday about this subject and it can get so frustrating when you can create a layout that you just love, and the next day - you work on one, and no matter how hard you try it just won't come togther. So I am now on a mission, I am going to try to put my finger on what drains my "good creative vibes", and I am going to do this by being aware of my moods and outside pressures while I create, see if I can find any conections (aside from the obvious ones like: children, sleep deprivation, housework, etc.). I also want to make sure that I make a point of writing down or sketching out more of the creative thoughts that pop into my head, I keep a sketch book, but I think it needs to be used for more than just layout sketches, maybe quotes, to do lists, bits of inspiration. I am also going to make it a point to get back to my roots of graphic design, I love the relationship between type, form and balance, and I think by looking at more graphic design publications it will help me keep things fresh. So that's my little bit of rambling for Tuesday! :)

No comments: