Sunday, January 8, 2012

January Cocoa Daisy layouts

Thought I would share my layouts using the January Cocoa Daisy kit:
I love the combination of oranges, yellows and teal in this months kit, so bright and happy to play with when it's all grey and cold outside. I used a Crafter's Workshop stencil with some white mist for the background. I highlighted a few of the circles with some hand stitching.





Nothing better to go with a kit called "Tea & Cupcakes" then a layout about a Tea mug :)




For this last one I really wanted to play with some paint and some tone and tone texture, it's not my normal style but I was in the mood to play and I think it's always important to try new things and learn about ourselves through creative play. I started out by misting the white cardstock then painting over parts of it with some white acryclic paint. Then I layered on some hole reinforcers. I used the plastic ring from an empty tape dispenser dipped in white paint and orange paint to create a few more circles. Then I brushed more white paint over areas and a bit of mist. The final step was some hand stitching.







Can you all tell I was in a very "Circle" mood!

No comments: