Saturday, March 28, 2009

Finding balance.

I am at a point in my life where I am searching for balance. There are times in our lives when things change and we suddenly find that we need to make different choices and try to make it all fit together as best we can. Right now I am trying very hard to do this - I need to do this for my own sanity :) One aspect of that is trying to find "me time" we all have this battle and up until recently I was putting up a pretty good fight, then my itty bitty (Zach) decided he no longer needed naps and really does not like the idea of "quiet time". In fact what usually happens is he comes into my scrap room (which is where I like to spend my "me time") bringing with him whatever he can carry and climbs into the chair with mommy demanding attention. Now I know life could be a lot worse than a sweet little boy wanting his mommy, but I crave some time to recharge, to just sit for a moment and "be still" so to speak. I need to get back to getting up really early I think and change the afternoon routine around a bit. So I am up for the challenge of finding this balance, of course the minute I do life will change again and it will all start over with a new set of rules :) But in the mean time I will cherish the little interruption of this sweet angle (and I am sure he has wings -I just have not found them yet) as he drags all his blankies into my room and falls asleep at my feet. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To precious!! I remenber those days!! But just cherish them becuase they graow up to fast and then you will have empty nest syndrome like I did!!