Wednesday, July 2, 2008

July Cocoa Daisy layouts!!

Before I tell you about my projects for Cocoa Daisy this month I wanted to say "happy anniversary" to me! This July marks my 1st year anniversary with Cocoa Daisy! I am so thrilled to be a part of their team of talented ladies and to work with Tricia and her amazing kits each month! I can't believe it has been a year already, I have had so much fun and I can't wait to see what kits she has in store this next year! I will give you a very small hint for August, there may be a little something that I worked on in each kit (we will have to wait and see).
Ok so here are my Cocoa Daisy projects, in keeping with my new love for finding inspiration, I challenged myself to find inspiration in non-scrapbook magazines and catalogs for each layout I did this month. I was able to do it for four layouts (one of the layouts will be posted on the new Cocoa Daisy DT blog later this month).

This picture from a Pottery Barn catalog inspired my "together" layout. The layers of hats looked like circles to me, and of course they made me think of this picture of Zach playing with my hat.



I loved the strong vertical lines of this bookmark from a Real Simple magazine, I stacked my elements; photo - title-journaling the same way it was done on the bookmark. I liked the circles they used on the bookmark too, I just made mine larger and used them to break up the vertical line and create a path for your eye to follow.



The artwork hanging over the bed on this page from a Pottery Barn catalog inspired me to do the same with a strip of patterned paper on this layout.



This one just "popped in my head" no inspiration needed :-) I love the little Basic Grey glazed brad - I think it looks just like a rock.



Seeing as Ali is our guest designer this month I created this layout which was inspired by a layout she did in the latest issue of Creating Keepsakes.


And finally a couple cards. I also created a mini album using the Peek-a-boo add-on album, but I will post that later this week, it's getting late! Have a wonderful Thursday!

3 comments:

Vanessa, Florida, USA said...

Christine, congrats on your one-year anniversary with Cocoa Daisy! I hope to see your DT creations at CD for a long, long time because you really inspire me, girl! I love your style. That album of yours for July is stunning. WOW! :-) TFS!

Barb said...

Just when I thought it wasn't possible - another reason to love Pottery Barn.

Can't wait to get my CD kit.

Ady said...

Happy Anniversary with Cocoa Daisy. I am simply amazed at the work you did with this months kit. I love every single thing you've done. I am so glad you are part of the DT and you give me tons of inspiration every month... Thank you.